Posts tagged Virginia Tech Hokies
Posts tagged Virginia Tech Hokies
Hokies wear special sticker on helmet for Sandy Hook and Virginia Tech Tragedies [Photo]
For the latest and greatest threads to hit the market, visit Gamedayr Uni Blog.
Virginia Tech Cornerback Antone Exum Took Some Random Kids At Best Buy On A $470 Shopping Spree - via Deadspin
Holiday commercialism at its finest. Almost brought me to tears. Antone Exum definitely deserved a spot on Santa’s Nice List.
If this doesn’t warm your heart at Christmastime, then I think there’s a very good chance you’re a Scrooge.
Merry Christmas friends! Enjoy the holiday and do something nice for someone!
The best images from Week 6 in College Football.
Images courtesy of ESPN’s image gallery.
God I love college football. I can’t believe week 6 is over already.
The best from this weekends College Football action courtesy of ESPN’s lovely photo gallery.
Love this! Minus the 2nd to last picture.
*Title according to Colin*
LoL! This is hilarious.
Well, scUM fans, I had you pegged all wrong. I can respect you guys for calling it like you see it.
1. Rose Bowl: Oregon v. Wisconsin: If you like offense, then this is your bowl game. Oregon is 3rd in points scored, while Wisconsin is 4th. The key match up is whether Wisconsin’s defense (6th in points allowed) can slow down the spread attack.
2. Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma St. v. Stanford: Oklahoma St. will be angry and want to show the world that they should play LSU. As a bonus, we get to see two top 10 picks in the NFL draft next year are on display. Andrew Luck goes up against an aggressive ball hawking secondary. It could be feast or famine for Luck. Meanwhile, expect Justin Blackmon to run wild on the Stanford secondary.
3. Cotton Bowl: Arkansas v. Kansas St.: The ESPN talking heads are already hyping this game up, since these are Alabama and Oklahoma St.’s best wins. This is exactly what is wrong with college football. This game has no bearing on whether Alabama or Oklahoma St. is the better team. However, this will be a highly entertaining up and down game.
4. Capital One Bowl: S. Carolina v. Nebraska: The Gamecocks try to win their first bowl game in ages and finish with an amazing 11 wins. This would be a huge success considering S. Carolina is playing with a back up QB and 5th string RB. Nebraska tanked at the end of the year, so this is a big game to get momentum for next year.
5. Outback Bowl: Georgia v. Michigan St.: MSU got robbed by the BCS in favor of a Michigan team that finished behind MSU. Oh and did I mention that MSU beat Michigan? I guess money really does talk. MSU will get a chance to redeem themselves after their embarrassing performance last year. Georgia will get another chance to prove they can beat a good football team. Right now they are 0-3, SECSECSEC!
6. Ticketcity Bowl: Penn St. v. Houston: I’ve received some criticism from my co-host Brad over my Houston ranking. I currently have them 22 in my CFRA poll. Will Houston manage to prove wrong and remain winless against top 25 teams? Tune in for the top ranked offense against one of the better defenses in college football. When Penn St. has the ball then turn the channel.
7. Gator Bowl: Ohio St. v. Florida: As an Ohio St. fan, this ranking may seem low to some people. I understand the hype around the Urban Bowl, but Urban is not coaching this game. Florida players and fans will be fired up to get revenge against Urban (whatever makes them sleep better at night I guess). The hype can only take this game so far because eventually the teams will have to actually play. And these teams are bad.
8. Alamo Bowl: Baylor v. Washington: This ranking revolves around RGIII. He is by far the most athletic QB in the game and I would say the most exciting player as well. If only he went to an SEC school because then the Heisman race would be over.
9. Maaco Bowl: Boise St. v. Arizona St.: Kellen Moore is playing his last college football game. He has had a great career and given non-AQ teams credibility. How is Boise St. in this game, while Michigan and VT are in the Sugar Bowl? It’s insane.
10. Liberty Bowl: Cincinnati v. Vanderbilt: Vandy is 2-1-1 in bowl games all time. Those 2 wins were in 2008 and 1955. They have a good chance of getting win number 3. Cincy has struggled since losing starting QB Collaros.
11. Military Bowl: Toledo v. Air Force: This may seem like an odd game to have this high on my list, but the contrast in styles should make this a fun game. AF comes in with the 2nd ranked rushing offense due to their option attack. Toledo can move the ball on the ground and through the air. Toledo’s defense has as many holes as swiss cheese, so expect lots of points.
12. MNC Game: LSU v. Alabama: I may take some heat over this ranking, but I am not buying into the ESPN hype machine. Since CBS had the first game, ESPN missed out on all that money. They sure were not going to miss out on that again. The betting lines will not show it, but Alabama has the David vs. Goliath mindset. A huge factor in the David/Goliath paradigm is that David has everything to gain and nothing to lose. LSU has everything to lose here, while Alabama has nothing to lose and everything to gain. BCS injustice strikes again!
13. Armed Forces Bowl: BYU v. Tulsa: These are two good, yet under the radar teams. BYU struggled early, but have won 8 of their last 9. Tulsa has an Alabama resume. They beat many average teams, but have 4 losses, all of them are to top 25 teams.
14. Holiday Bowl: California v. Texas: How long before Texas fans gets anxious and Mack Brown’s seat gets hot? Will a loss to a mediocre Cal team do it? I think so. Meanwhile, Tedford puts his unpredictable run run pass offense up against a tough Texas defense.
15. Champs Sports Bowl: Florida St. v. Notre Dame: This bowl must be a disappointment for Florida St. fans. FSU was a dark horse national title contender coming into the season. A win for ND, over a pre-season top 10 team, could be enough to sway voters and get ND a top 10 pre-season ranking of their own.
16. Insight Bowl: Oklahoma v. Iowa: OU at least made it to Tempe; maybe they can pretend its the Fiesta Bowl. OU has to show some spark in this game. It would be embarrassing to end the year with losing 3 of 4 (1 to Baylor, 1 to little brother OSU, and to top off OSU is in the Fiesta).
17. Orange Bowl: Clemson v. W. Virginia: This ranking starts a trio of bowls featuring conference champions. I would rank these bowls lower, but I figure someone should make conference championships mean something (you listening BCS?). This is really the Champs Sports Bowl 2. You can call it the Orange Bowl, but that isn’t fooling anyone.
18. Poinsettia Bowl: TCU v. Louisiana Tech: Consolation prize for #18 TCU is the WAC champ La Tech. Luckily TCU is moving to the Big 12 next year where they only have to worry about getting left out of National Title games.
19. Godaddy.com Bowl: Arkansas St. v. N. Illinois: The Sunbelt and MAC champions face off in the Danica Patrick bowl. The head coach at Arkansas St. just took the Ole Miss job. That sounds like a lateral move to me. I expect the loss of a coach to effect Arkansas St.
20. Sun Bowl: Georgia Tech v. Utah: GT is one of the top teams when it comes to big plays on offense. Utah has struggled in their first year in the Pac12. I expect GT big plays and more struggling from Utah. I have always personally enjoyed the Sun Bowl. I think it’s due to the Pac12/ACC match up. Where are the Pac12/SEC bowl games?!
21. Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas: Texas A&M v. Northwestern: The Meineke Car Care Bowl has moved from Charlotte to Texas and they’re taking the cheesy George Foreman commercials with them. This is A&M’s last game in the Big12 conference and they are playing without a head coach. I do not expect A&M to lose a big lead in the 2nd half because they will probably be down early and often.
22. Independence Bowl: Missouri v. N. Carolina: Missouri makes their final performance as a Big12 member. N. Carolina has struggled all year long and I do not expect them to shut down Missouri’s offense.
23. Hawaii Bowl: S. Mississippi v. Nevada: This is a natural let down game for S. Miss. They are coming off their biggest game of the season, where they won the CUSA title and knocked Houston out of the BCS. Add in a trip to Hawaii on Christmas Eve and S. Miss must focus on making this a business trip.
24. Music City Bowl: Wake Forest v. Mississippi St.: MSU may be one of the most disappointing teams this year. WF may be one of the most surprising teams this year. That means one teams wants to be here and the other probably does not.
25. Famous Idaho Potato Bowl: Ohio v. Utah St.: What a great name for a bowl game in Boise, Idaho. Ohio needs to bounce back after giving away a large lead in the MAC championship. Utah St. has 5 in a row.
26. New Mexico Bowl: Temple finally makes a bowl game after getting snubbed last year. They receive a good opponent in Wyoming. The Cowboys were a solid team in the Mountain West all year.
27. Chick fil A Bowl: Virginia v. Auburn: Virginia Tech’s fortune ends up benefiting UVA as well. UVA has no business being in this game. They have the type of inept offense that a bad Auburn defense can shut down.
28. Belk Bowl: Louisville v. N. Carolina St.: The co Big East champion lands in Charlotte for a road game against NC St. Seems fairs enough.
29. Pinstripe Bowl: Rutgers v. Iowa St.: Ia St. must be pleased to be bowling, while Rutgers was dreaming of the Orange Bowl a few weeks ago. Rutgers gets to play a virtual home game in New Yankee Stadium, so that should give them a little added motivation.
30. New Orleans Bowl: UL Lafayette v. San Diego St.: ULL gets to stay home, while SD St. has to travel half way across the country. This could be a huge win for the Sunbelt.
31. Little Ceasars Bowl: W. Michigan v. Purdue: WMU is probably the team that beat out Ball St. for the final bowl spot. Lets see if WMU can prove they belonged.
32. BBVA Compass Bowl: SMU v. Pittsburgh: Why does a bank located in only 7 states purchase national advertising for a bowl game?
33. Beef O’Brady’s Bowl: Florida Int. v. Marshall: This is another potential victory for the Sunbelt. Marshall struggled to finish 6-6 and FIU gets to play in St. Pete.
34. Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl: UCLA v. Illinois: Either one team will finish an unprecedented 6-8 or one team will finish 6-7 after starting 6-0. Either way I do not care.
35. Sugar Bowl: Michigan v. Virginia Tech: Everything that’s wrong with college football lives here. Maybe ESPN should use that as their new slogan. This is the greedy money hungry bowl. Neither team deserves to be here, since Michigan St., Kansas St., and Boise St. were available. At least professional sports do not insult their fan bases by hiding their money making objectives. This game is a disgrace.
25. Southern Miss
24. West Virginia
23. Georgia Tech
22. Auburn (only 3 loss team in poll)
19. Arizona State
17. Michigan State (highest 2 loss team in poll)
16. Penn State
14. Kansas State
13. Houston (lowest ranked undefeated)
12. Virginia Tech